1. Sustainability is the foundation. Because you cannot win an infinite game. Rather, the goal is to be infinite minded and contribute to the game so it can be played indefinitely.
2. Trust is everything. If people don’t trust you, they won’t give a damn about your vision. If you don’t trust people, you’ll never advance your vision.
4. Leadership is a practice. It’s not defined by a title or any single act. It’s a disciplined choice you make to show up through daily action even when you don’t control the outcomes.
5. Humility over modesty. Curiosity over arrogance. Generosity over scarcity. Own your strengths, don’t flaunt them; maintain curiosity over what you don’t know; develop a bias towards generosity.
6. Prioritize self-care and development. Never apologize for investing in yourself. Burn-out is not a badge of honor, it’s a failure of leadership.
7. Embrace the Paradox of AND. Change requires us to hold two opposing ideas as truth (our vision for a future not yet realized AND the reality of challenges in the present); beware the tyranny of all-or-nothing and either/or thinking.
8. Pursue Mastery. Find joy in the doing. Learn the skills of leadership and pass on to others.
9. Listen and reflect. Avoid the ivory tower. Listen with empathy to remain grounded and reflect to hone self-awareness
10. Doubt is often a sign you’re on the right path. The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. Lean into the tension of hard things and do the work.